The Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium connects the VCU School of Education with seven local school divisions in order to plan and conduct research (and disseminate findings) that directly address school and community needs.
Some of MERC's recent work, for instance, includes a look into teacher morale - studying why job satisfaction among teachers had fallen to its lowest level in decades and examine what could be done to reverse the issue.
The center also offers program evaluations for schools and other government agencies, which can be used to help support a program's initial development or to assess its progress and findings.
A full list of the center's current projects can be found on its website's research page.
School divisions that MERC partners with include:
- Chesterfield County Public Schools
- Colonial Heights Public Schools
- Goochland County Public Schools
- Hanover County Public Schools
- Henrico County Public Schools
- Powhatan County Public Schools
- Richmond City Public Schools