- Ph.D. in education, concentration in educational leadership, Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.Ed. in educational leadership, concentration in administration and supervision, Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.A. in English, Randolph-Macon College
Educational change, K-12 education, assessment
- Served as a teacher and high school principal in K-12 education for 32 years
- Assisted in the implementation of the Master of Education program at the University of Mary Washington
Dr. Harold S. Wright Jr. currently serves as the co-coordinator for the school’s NCATE/CAEP accreditation. He is also on the leadership team for VCU’s SACS accreditation, where he serves as the SACS faculty liaison.
Wright has been at VCU since 2006 and has taught school law, school improvement and assessment at both the master’s and post-master’s certificate level. In addition, he works with doctoral students on their capstone projects in the Ed.D. program.
Outside of VCU, Wright previously served as a high school principal in the Richmond area. He remains active in the Virginia Professors of Educational Leadership organization.