- Ph.D. in educational psychology, Texas Tech University
- M.Ed. in educational psychology, Texas Tech University
- M.A. in applied linguistics, Texas Tech University
- B.A. in English language and literature, Beijing Normal University
- B.A. in Chinese language and literature, Beijing Normal University
Focusing on quantitative research methodology, marriage and family studies, educational motivation, and scale development and measurement.
- Daire, A., Liu, X., Wheeler, N., Tucker, K., & Williams, B. (In Press). Examining RE and Emotional Distress in Population With Existing Cardiovascular Disease and/or Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors and Those Without. The Family Journal.
- Liu, X., Daire, A., Griffith, S., O’Hare, V., Keller-Margulis, M., & Tucker, K. (2017). Validity and diagnostic accuracy of a measure of family adjustment stress in parents with typically developing children. Journal of Child Custody.
- Li, J.Q., Wang, Y.L., Liu, X., Xu, Y.S., & Cui, T.T. (2017). Academic Adaptation among International Students from East Asian Countries: A Consensual Qualitative Research. Journal of International Students.
- Carlson, R., Rogers, L. T., Wheeler, N., Kelchner V., Griffith, M. S., & Liu, X. (2017). The Continuum of Conflict and Control Relationship Scale (CCC-RS): Psychometrics for a Measure Designed to Discriminate Among Types of Intimate Partner Violence. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development.
- Jacobson, E., Daire, A., O’Hare, & Liu, X. (2017). Factor Analysis and Construction of the Acceptance of Couples Violence Scale. Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling and Development.
- Carlson, R., Pease, C. J., Wheeler, J. N., Liu, X., McDonald J., & Strawn L. (2017). The Characteristics of Couples who attend Family Services Counselor Visits in Relationship Education. Marriage & Family Review, 53 (1), 48-64.
- Wei, T. L., Liu, X., & Barnard-Brak, L. (2015). Gender Differences in Mathematics and Reading Trajectories among Children from Kindergarten to Eighth Grade. Research in Education, 93 (1), 77-89.
- Qin, L., Chen, C. P., Liu, X., Wang, C., & Jiang, Z. (2015). Health Status and Earnings of Migrant Workers from Rural China. China & World Economy, 23 (2), 84-99. (SSCI)
- Stevens, T., Aguirre-Munoz, Z., Harris, G., Higgins, R., & Liu, X. (2013). Middle level mathematics teachers’ self-efficacy growth through professional development: Differences based on mathematical background. Australian Journal of Teacher Education, 38 (4), 144-164.
- Li, J. Q., Liu, X., Wei, T., & Lan, W. (2013). Acculturation, internet use, and psychological well-being among Chinese international students. Journal of International Students, 3 (2), 174-192.
- Stevens, T., Harris, G. A., Liu, X., & Aguirre-Munoz, Z. (2013). Students' rating of teacher practices. International Journal of Mathematical Education in Science and Technology, 44 (7), 984-995.
- Farley, P. A., Ramonda, K., & Liu, X. (2012). The concreteness effect and the bilingual lexicon: The impact of visual stimuli attachment on meaning recall of abstract L2 words. Journal of Language Teaching Research, 16 (4), 449–466. (SSCI)
A postdoctoral fellow in the VCU School of Education’s Department of Foundations of Education, Dr. Xun Liu is currently teaching EDUS660 Research Methods in Education in the School of Education.
She also assists Dean Andrew Daire with special projects related to the school, is a statistical consultant for the Consortium for Family Strengthening Research, provides statistics consultation to school faculty and doctoral students for publications and grant applications, and performs complex data analysis, such as longitudinal modeling, structural equation modeling, and multilevel modeling.