The School of Education is currently going through a comprehensive strategic planning process. This new strategic plan will move our vision for the school forward while connecting our path to the new VCU strategic plan (launching summer 18). Please visit this page for regular updates.
Save the dates:
Strategic planning listening sessions (please attend one, open to faculty, staff, students and community members)
- Jan. 30, 12:30 - 1:45 p.m., Oliver Hall, Room 4084
- Feb. 6, 12:30 - 1:45 p.m., Oliver Hall, Room 4084
- Feb. 21, 5-7 p.m., Martin Luther King, Jr. Middle School, 1000 Mosby St., Richmond, Va.
(food will be provided)
Mission/vision/values workshop: (open to faculty, staff, students and community members)
- March 22, 9 a.m. - noon, Richmond Salons, VCU Student Commons, 907 Floyd Ave.
Register here for one of our upcoming listening sessions and/or the workshop.
We have identified some important readings that will be helpful to those participating in this process:
- Teacher Shortages in Virginia [PPTX], a recent presentation from Patty Pitts, assistant superintendent, Division of Teacher Education and Licensure, Virginia Department of Education;
- Responding to Educational Inequity: Addressing Race and Social Class Disparities to Increase Opportunities [PDF], a recent report from the HAAS Institute;
- Culturally Responsive Education: A Primer for Policy and Practice [PDF], a recent report from NYU's Metropolitan Center for Research on Equity and the Transformation of Schools;
- Southern Schools: More Than a Half-Century After the Civil Rights Revolution [PDF], a recent publication from the Center for Education and Civil Rights.