Post-baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL)
The Post-baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages is a non-licensure program that prepares professionals to work with K-12 students whose native language is something other than English. This certificate fosters a tolerance and appreciation for linguistic and cultural diversity.
The Post-baccalaureate Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages requires a minimum of 18 total graduate credit hours:
Please keep in mind, however, that the exact course requirements may vary depending on when you matriculated into the program, so please consult your adviser or the program coordinator with any additional questions.
CONCENTRATION/VCU BULLETIN INFO
How to apply: Graduate application
Semester of entry: Spring, summer or fall
Application deadline: Feb. 1 for fall and summer admission, Oct. 1 for spring admission
Extended deadline, summer and fall 2020: Apr. 15
- VCU Graduate School requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline including education, social work, psychology or human services
- Three letters of recommendation addressing the student’s potential for graduate study in education
- Student’s written statement concerning career interests
- Transcripts of all previous college work