Ph.D. in Education, Concentration in Sport Leadership
The sport leadership concentration in the Ph.D. in education program is designed for students to research, comprehend and interpret contemporary literature as it relates to leadership in the sport industry and to extend our knowledge and understanding of leadership in that industry.
Students will have the opportunity to integrate theory and practice in the specific areas of economics, finance, marketing, management, communications and sociology of sport.
Upon completion of the doctoral coursework and dissertation, students will be prepared for higher education positions in sport management/administration and/or sport leadership programs across the U.S.
The Ph.D. in education, concentration in sport leadership requires a minimum of 48 total graduate credit hours:
Please keep in mind, however, that the exact course requirements may vary depending on when you matriculated into the program, so please consult your adviser or the program coordinator with any additional questions.
VCU BULLETIN INFO
How to apply: Graduate application
Semester of entry: Summer or fall
Application deadline: Dec. 15
EXTENDED DEADLINE: JAN. 15, 2019
- VCU Graduate School requirements
- Master’s degree in appropriate discipline
- Transcripts from previous academic work
- Satisfactory GRE scores (300 or better)
- At least a 3.5 GPA on all graduate work
- Written essay addressing your career interests
- Three letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV with academic and work history
- A personal interview and writing sample may be requested