The School of Education Advancement Council, made up of alumni and friends, is a critical part of the school’s fundraising and outreach efforts. In addition to their philanthropic support, council members are engaged in:
- Advocacy: promoting the school within the community and beyond.
- Fundraising: identifying and securing new philanthropic resources.
- Stewardship: providing visibility for the school through programs and events; and advising the dean, as requested, on issues of concern to the school and/or university.
A message of welcome from the chair:
We hope you’ll enjoy learning more about the School of Education and the Advancement Council!
Brian C. White
Chair, Advancement Council
- Mary Ann H. Wright (M.Ed. ’84, Ph.D. ’97), chair
- Dale C. Kalkofen (M.A.E. ’76), vice chair
- Kevin Bruny (M.Ed. '91)
- William H. Carter (B.S. ’79)
- Daisy Greene (M.Ed. ’89)
- Hattie W. Hamlin (B.S., Ph.D. ’11)
- Stephanie Holt (B.S. ’74)
- Robin Liesfeld (M.Ed. ’85)
- Linda R. Melton
- Anna Lou Schaberg (M.Ed. ’70)
- Gregory Schnitzler
- Sandra A. Taylor (M.B.A.)
- Andrew P. Daire, dean
- Edward G. Kardos, executive director of development
- Meredith P. Melo, development specialist
- S. Corey Humphrey, leadership annual giving officer