SOE ranked #10 Best Online Grad Program by U.S. News
School also recognized for #15 Best Online Special Education Grad Program and #19 Best Online Educational Administration and Supervision Grad Program
The VCU School of Education was recently ranked #10 in Best Online Graduate Education Programs by U.S. News & World Report.
The rankings are based on five general categories:
- Engagement (30%): Aspiring teachers and educational administrators interact with their instructors and classmates.
- Expert Opinion (20%): A survey of high-ranking academic officials in education accounts for intangible factors that statistics don't capture.
- Faculty Credentials and Training (20%): Online programs employ instructors with credentials that mirror those of campus-based programs.
- Services and Technologies (20%): Programs incorporate diverse online learning technologies and strong support structures.
- Student Excellence (10%): Students enter the programs with proven aptitudes, ambitions and accomplishments.
With 322 schools of education participating nationwide, only three Virginia schools of education ranked among this year’s top 50, with VCU being one of them.
The School of Education also ranked in the top 20 in two new categories. We were #15 in Best Online Special Education Grad Programs, and #19 in Best Public Graduate Education Programs in Educational Administration and Supervision.
“During the global pandemic, we remain committed to the accessibility of our programs by those near and far, working full time or part time,” said Dr. Andrew Daire, dean of the School of Education. “We will continue to focus on the quality and flexibility of all our programs and the engagement of the students enrolled by our nationally recognized faculty.” [Read more in this article from VCU NEWS.]
Now an annual tradition in academia, the U.S. News & World Report rankings have become the definitive list for assessing the nation’s top higher education programs. Each year’s rankings are compiled via a combination of quantitative measures, expert opinion and peer assessment data.