SOE to host VEA Teachers of Color Conference
The VCU School of Education will host the Virginia Education Association (VEA) 2020 Teachers of Color Conference with the theme of “Transforming Policy and Practice to Drive Inclusion for Teachers of Color.”
The conference will kick off with a welcome reception and networking opportunity from 6-9 p.m. on Friday, February 21 at the Hippodrome Theater at 528 N. 2nd Street.
A full day of conference sessions will follow from 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. on Saturday, February 22 at the VCU Academic Learning Commons at 1000 Floyd Avenue.
Conference breakout session topics will include:
- Effective mentoring and mental health supports
- Successful hiring and retention programs
- Community collaboration strategies
- Safe spaces for male educators of color
- Elevating the voices and experiences of Black Women Teachers
- Driving your own professional advancement