Did you know?
Manager performance evaluations include six core competencies, as well as two additional competencies related to leadership: Leading Others and Leading Change. Central Human Resources offers the first leadership development program training in May. Managers are now able to enroll in these sessions using Talent@VCU.
- Crucial Conversations is a nationally recognized, highly interactive course that teaches communication skills around high-stakes, emotional, or risky topics – at all levels of an organization.
- Leading Change is a course developed internally to provide the knowledge, skills and tools to implement successful change initiatives, including a survey to determine your own change style.
- Ongoing Communication & Feedback is an opportunity for managers to develop their leadership skills by learning to use effective feedback as a tool to build positive relationships and enhance employee performance.
Register for these courses in Talent@VCU by clicking "Browse for Training" under the Learning tab. You can find instructions to browse and enroll in these courses in the Talent@VCU section of the HR Intranet, or simply click here. (login required).
Our HR team
Terri C. Dickerson, director of human resources
Contact Terri Dickerson at email@example.com for assistance with:
- Faculty recruitment process
- Faculty employment contracts and pay actions
- Classified pay actions
- Rewards and recognition
- Human resources policies and procedures
- Employee relations
- Postdoctoral and graduate assistantships
- Compensation or classification
Kelsey Coleman, human resources coordinator
Contact Kelsey Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance with:
- Recruitment of classified, adjunct and wage employees
- Employee orientation and new hire processing
- Classified employee work profile (EWP) review and revisions
- Timekeeping, leave and adjustments
- FMLA consultation
- Training, learning and development
Human resources links
- Learning and development
- Retirement planning resources
- Work/life balance and wellness
Rewards and recognition information
- Key resources for classified employees
- Key resources for faculty employees
- Faculty, classified staff and hourly position vacancies