Jenna Lenhardt, Ph.D.
Recruitment Specialist, Office of Enrollment Management
- Ph.D. in higher education leadership from Capella University
- M.A. in higher education administration from Appalachian State University
- B.S. in sociology from the State University of New York in Buffalo
Dr. Lenhardt's research centers around equitable access to educational spaces and opportunities. She identifies data-driven patterns of inequity and identifies policies and procedures that impact access to education. Her research is grounded in understanding how leadership decisions drive institutional success, and how institutional success drives student success.
- Naff, D., Parry, M., Ferguson, T., Palencia, V., Lenhardt, J., Tedona, E., Stroter, A., Stripling, T., Lu, Z., & Baber, E. (2021). Promoting Equitable Access and Support in Advanced Placement (AP) Programs: A Review of the Literature. Richmond, VA: Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium.
- Vidovic, M., Hammond, M., Lenhardt, J., Palanski, M., & Olabisi, J. (2020, November). Teaching virtual and cross-cultural collaboration: Exploring team task effectiveness of Croatia- and U.S.-based undergraduate students. Journal of Management Education.
- Lenhardt, J. & Wetzel, A. (2019). Marrying recruitment and assessment: A partnership to produce rich, actionable program data and sustainable processes for ongoing improvement. Presentation at the Virginia Assessment Group.
- Lenhardt, J. (2018, November). Job crafting in structured job spaces. Presentation for the HR Redesign Project, Career Development Lunch and Learn Session, Richmond, VA.
Jenna has an extensive background working with international, first-generation, veteran, students with disabilities and historically underrepresented students in a community college and private university setting. She is committed to increasing equity and access in the recruitment, admissions and retention experiences for all students.
Her research focuses on student retention, instructional and organizational effectiveness in a global society. She has taught courses in organizational behavior, leadership, sustainable change and data analytics for all education levels in the U.S., Dubai and Croatia.