About the VCU School of Education
To be a leader in responsive, needs-driven and research-based educational practices that transform the lives of those we serve in our communities, especially those who have been historically marginalized.
We advance learning and knowledge through impactful research, teaching and engagement to provide our students, professionals and communities with the tools to create progressive change. We prepare and support professionals to lead change and inform social, economic, health and educational policy and practice.
Innovative – Cultivate discovery, creativity, originality, inventiveness and talent.
Inclusive – Ensure a climate of mutual trust and respect where individuals of differing cultural backgrounds, identities, abilities and life experiences are embraced, engaged and empowered to drive excellence and success.
Community-focused – Build deliberate/intentional relationships with the surrounding community and engage in actions that focus on the needs of its people.
Collaborative – Foster collegiality and cooperation with internal and external partners to advance learning, research and service.
School of Education memberships
- The American Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- The AACTE Holmes Scholars Program
- The Virginia Middle School Association
- The Coalition of Urban Serving Universities
- University Council for Educational Administration
- Carnegie Project on the Education Doctorate
- Higher Education Consortium for Special Education