At the VCU School of Education’s Office of Research and Faculty Development, our mission is simple: we create a climate that values scholarship and supports and encourages our faculty and students’ research interests.
Fiscal year FY22 marked the achievement of $37.4M in annual grant awards. And, our cumulative current grant awards totalled $141M*.
Research funding garnered by the VCU School of Education has surged 51% from FY2016 ($24M) to FY2022 ($37M). As our research grows, the UNmatched impact of our collective in grant funding efforts is accelerating our vision of transforming the lives of those we serve in our communities, especially those who have been historically marginalized.
A research powerhouse, the VCU School of Education is relentlessly pursuing advances throughout the lifespan of human development and learning.Our work encompasses highly-recognized research funded by key social sciences, education, and health funding partners including:
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- U.S. Department of Education
- Virginia Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Social Security Administration
As part of a Carnegie Classified R1 research institution, the VCU School of Education contributes significantly to the university’s research mission. We enrich the human experience, advance a just and equitable society, and optimize health and wellness in our communities through the impactful work of dedicated faculty, students, and staff.
Devoted to inclusion and driven by impact, the VCU School of Education is UNequaled in our tenacity, vision, and commitment.
* the sum of the total amount of research and projects sponsored or funded by an external organization, such as a federal, state, or private organization or agency at VCU School of Education in FY22.
**represents the total amount of all currently active awards
Research in Action