At the School of Education’s Office of Research and Faculty Development, our mission is simple: we want to create a climate that values scholarship, and to support and encourage our faculty and students’ research interests.
In FY16, our office helped the School of Education generate approximately $25 million in external awards — second only to the School of Medicine.
Our school has seen a consistent increase in external awards over the last decade, winning grants from the likes of the U.S. Department of Education, the Social Security Administration and the Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services to fund projects such as the Richmond Teacher Residency program, the early childhood special education initiative Project KSR, and the RRTC.
The bottom line: we know that raising the national visibility and status of our school takes a team effort. Let our expertise help open up the opportunities for research and study that you are looking for. Together, we can shape the future of education.
Research Word Cloud
Check out our new Research Word Cloud below and explore the impactful work taking place among our faculty and centers at the School of Education.
How we can help
Our offices offers a variety of support services for your research and professional development, including:
Education and awareness
- Promoting awareness of available resources, such as training and funding opportunities
- Providing topical lectures, workshops and programs to enhance your scholarship and development
- Identifying and communicating with agencies that can help your research efforts
Research program development
- Promoting discussion and conceptualization of ideas, research questions and research design
- Helping identify mentors, potential collaborators and other resources to bring your ideas to life
- Fostering communication and collaboration among faculty and colleagues
- Providing support for developing your manuscript development, such as manuscript reviews, journal identification and responding to reviews
- Arranging individual meetings with faculty on their research and scholarship interests, activities and programs
- Identifying internal and external funding sources that match your interests
- Helping untangle nuances of agency and sponsor announcements, such as RFAs or RFPs
- Providing guidance for developing budget and budget narratives
- Assisting with document preparation (such as agency face sheets, agency forms, electronic forms and internal documents) and approvals
- Setting up and managing a Blackboard site for shared resources
- Providing post-award support to PIs, such as monthly budget reports and assistance with progress reports and grant closeouts
Our research in action
Weekly on Tuesdays starting Jan. 9, 2018
Friday, Apr. 6, 2018