Misti R. Wajciechowski, M.Ed.
Assistant Professor, Teaching and Learning
- M.Ed. in curriculum and instruction, Virginia Commonwealth University
- B.S. in health and physical education, Virginia Commonwealth University
Connection between health, wellness and exercise to academic success
- Named the College/University Physical Educator of the Year by the Virginia Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance in 2015
- Named the National K-12 Health Educator of the Year by the American Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance in 2011
- Earned National Board Certification in 2003
- Adkins, M, Scantling, E, & Wajciechowski, M. (2013). The mystery behind the code. Strategies: A Journal for Health and Physical Educators
- Co-authored article for the Virginia Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance journal, “The importance of assessment within physical education”
- Contributing to George Graham’s 4th edition of “Teaching children physical education: Becoming a master teacher,” to be published in 2016
Misti Wajciechowski brings 18 years of public school teaching experience to her assistant professor role at the VCU School of Education.
Currently working toward her Ph.D. in education, Wajciechowski was selected as the Virginia Middle School Physical Educator of the Year in 2004 and, more recently, as the state’s College/University Physical Educator of the Year. She has presented at the national, state, and local levels on the topics of pedagogy and incorporating technology into the field of health and physical education as a means to enhance the educational experience for students.