Melinda VanDevelder, Ph.D.
VCU STEM SEED Coach and RTR Residency Coordinator
- Ph.D. Educational Leadership, Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.S. in Aquaculture & Fisheries, University of Arkansas at Pine Bluff
- B.S. in Biology, Tennessee Technological University
- Supporting pre-service teachers and in-service STEM teachers
- Supporting Meaningful Watershed Education Experiences
- Two-time winner of the Henrico21 21st century teaching award for Henrico County Public Schools; Guest educator for the James River Expedition, 2012
- Obtaining my first NOAA BWET MWEE grant!
- Principal Investigator, NOAA PEARL; VanDevelder, M., Dossick, A., Kirk, S., and Edmondson, E. (2021).
- Technoheutagogy: a virtual learning walk with SEED. Virginia Journal of Science Education, 14(1), 19-23.; VanDevelder, M , Johnston, K., and Thompson, A. (2015).
- Dig It!: The Versatility of the Community Garden in Living the Work. Emerald Group Publishing, Bingley, UK.
Dr. Melinda VanDevelder coaches in-service STEM teachers in RTR-SEED. She also teaches in the Virginia Commonwealth University Department of Teaching and Learning RTR Residency Program for both Master of Teaching and Master of Education students and supports residents and clinical resident coaches. Dr. VanDevelder has many years of experience as a science instructor and curriculum developer in public high schools and in higher education.