David Naff, Ph.D.
Associate Director, MERC
- Ph.D. in educational psychology, Virginia Commonwealth University
- M.A. in counseling, Wake Forest University
- B.S. in psychology, Appalachian State University
- Research use and dissemination
- Research practice partnerships
- Qualitative research methods
- First-generation college students
- High-poverty schools
David Naff is the associate director of the Metropolitan Educational Research Consortium (MERC). He is a recent graduate of the in the VCU School of Education. Dr. Naff is a principal investigator on the MERC Equitable Access and Support for Advanced Coursework study. He is also the host of the MERC podcast Abstract, and leads planning efforts for the annual MERC Conference. His research focuses on research dissemination and use in researcher-practitioner partnerships (RPPs) with K-12 public schools. Dr. Naff also serves on the Virginia Advisory Council for the Education of the Gifted. Prior to coming to MERC, Dr. Naff served as a high school counselor for four years in North Carolina.
For more information about Dr. Naff's work, please visit the MERC website.