Equity. Inclusion. SOE Online.
Our School of Education online programs allow access to students down the street to rural communities across the globe. Our faculty are committed to engaging students in conversations of equity and social justice. Our classrooms are built on the foundation of inclusion and respect for all.
Find out how our online programs can fit into your schedule to help you achieve your professional and personal goals.
- Ed.D. in Leadership - Extended deadline to March 15, 2019 (Preference given to applications completed by March 1st)
The Ed.D. in leadership is an action-oriented curriculum. It includes active application of theory and research, and focuses on addressing practitioners’ problems of practice, culminating in a collaborative group Capstone study the final year in the program. The online program requires a yearly intensive face-to-face summer residencies.
- M.Ed. in Curriculum and Instruction - Concentration in Online Education - Extended deadline to May 1, 2019
The online teaching concentration of the program prepares K-12 teachers and administrators to develop and facilitate effective online instruction in K-12 environments.
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision - Extended deadline to May 1, 2019
The M.Ed. in educational leadership prepares graduates to be transformative leaders who successfully lead educational organizations.
- M.Ed. in Reading - Concentrations in K-12 Reading Specialist, TESOL/K-12, TESOL/Adult - Extended deadline to May 1, 2019
The M.Ed. in reading provides students with an integrated experience in all aspects of the reading curriculum, ranging from preschool to adult levels. The program features interactive dialogues, asynchronous online discussions, synchronous online conversations and coaching opportunities.
- M.Ed. in Special Education - Concentration in General Education - Extended deadline to April 1, 2019
In the M.Ed. in special education, concentration in general education, students are prepared to work with people of all ages as they make a variety of educational transitions, such as from special education to the general education classroom or from high school to employment and independent living. Accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education and the Council for Exceptional Children, our program is flexible and rigorous for the passionate special education professional.
- Post-master's Certificate in Educational Leadership - Extended deadline to May 1, 2019
Coursework can be completed in as little as three semesters and is designed to develop your leadership potential as a school or district level administrator, supervisor, superintendent, or other leadership role.
- Post-master's Certificate for Reading Specialist - Extended deadline to May 1, 2019
The post-master’s certificate for reading specialist is designed for students who wish to gain state licensure as a reading specialist in kindergarten through high school settings.
- Certificate in Special Education, K-12 Teaching - Extended deadline for summer 2019: April 1; deadline for fall: August 1, 2019
This fully online certificate is suited for conditional and provisionally licensed special educators in Virginia schools.