VCU and the School of Education are committed to welcoming students from across the globe. We look forward to welcoming you to our diverse, urban and inclusive community.
Each of our programs has unique admissions requirements. Please review the individual academic program admissions page for support with your online application, statement of intent, resume/CV and other required materials requirements.
The central VCU graduate admissions application page has specific admissions resources for international applicants including information about required English Proficiency Tests and translation of foreign transcripts. Our financial aid and scholarships resource page outlines financing options for your future program.
If you are applying from one of our Chinese International Partnership schools, please see our Direct Admit resources for your application below.
We are honored to have direct admission agreements with our prestigious partners in China. Please use the checklist below to review requirements for your future program:
- Start Here: Direct Admission Checklist [PDF]
- M.Ed. in Adult Learning, Concentration in Human Resource Development [PDF]
- M.Ed. in Adult Learning, Concentration in Teaching and Learning with Technology [PDF]
- M.Ed. in Counselor Education [PDF]
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership [PDF]
- M.Ed. in Reading, Concentration in TESOL/K-12 [PDF]
- Ph.D. in Education, Concentration in Curriculum, Culture and Change [PDF]
- Ph.D. in Education, Concentration in Educational Psychology [PDF]
- Ph.D. in Education, Concentration in Research, Assessment and Evaluation [PDF]
- Ph.D. in Education, Concentration in Special Education and Disability Leadership [PDF]
- Ph.D. in Education, Concentration in Urban Services Leadership [PDF]
- Ph.D. in Special Education and Disability Leadership [PDF]
Please review the Testing resource page along with the central graduate admissions international applicant required materials page for test requirements and submission details.
If your undergraduate or graduate programs were completed outside of the United States, there are additional transcript equivalency requirements outlined on the central graduate admissions page under “Transcripts.” The professional transcript evaluators approved by VCU are listed on this page as well. Please allow for at least 2-3 months before your program application deadline to request evaluation service and submission to VCU.
For students who are interested in initial licensure programs, Virginia requires a United States social security number to complete the required licensure requirements.
Please refer to the Virginia Department of Education (VDOE) graduates of foreign institutions of higher education guidance on equivalency requirements.
The financial certification requirements of financial support for your I-20 visa documentation is required if you are extended an offer of acceptance. It is not required during the application review phase.