Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others? Our six undergraduate programs combine experiential learning, cross-disciplinary knowledge, and critical skill sets that set you up for a successful career supporting the growth of others.
Find out which one of our undergraduate programs is the best fit for you.
Learn about admission requirements and important deadlines, and view a timeline that provides a quick overview of your four years as an undergraduate at the VCU School of Education. Learn more about our undergraduate requirements.
Looking for General Education electives from the School of Education?
|PROGRAM AND AREA OF STUDY||IS THIS FOR YOU?|
|B.S. Ed. in Early Childhood Education and Teaching: Prepares students for roles as teachers and daycare providers of infants, toddlers and young children in schools and community daycare/preschool settings||You have a passion for how important early childhood education is to children’s long-term success|
|B.S. Ed. in Elementary Education and Teaching: Prepares students for roles as teachers of young children in schools, grades kindergarten to six, and community preschool settings||You want to build a foundation of excitement in education for young children, help build their character, and instill a life-long love of learning|
|B.S. Ed. in Health and Physical Education: Prepares students to serve as licensed health and physical education teachers in PK-12 schools, and leaders in community-based settings||You want to change the next generation’s attitude about fitness and be a health and wellness resource in schools and communities|
|B.S. Ed. in Secondary Education and Teaching, Concentration in Engineering Education: Prepares students to serve as licensed engineering education STEM-related teachers in grades 6-12 schools and leaders in community-based settings||The only program of its kind in the state! Your passion is to get others excited about understanding how things work, and you want to inspire the next generation of makers|
|B.S. Ed. in Special Education and Teaching: Prepares students to serve as licensed special education teachers in K-12 schools||You are an advocate and you’re passionate about giving to others so that they can succeed|
|B.A. in Human and Organizational Development: Prepares students for roles as human resource development professionals, training specialists, learning and development professionals, talent development specialists, and instructional designers
||You have a desire to work with adults in the workplace through learning and development|
Access to Licensure
Our VCU School of Education B.S.Ed. programs are built to prepare students for the Virginia state licensure requirements. To learn more about licensure and reciprocity to other states, please visit our Licensure & Reciprocity page.
Program Timeline Highlights
- Apply to VCU and select your School of Education program
- Fill out your FAFSA
Acceptance to VCU
- Welcome to the Ramily! Attend orientation and engage in our Weeks of Welcome events
- Engage in required first-year UNIV class to find your fit at VCU
- Review your program Major Map to maximize your VCU experience
- Apply to the Teacher Prep Program*
- Volunteer in the RVA community
- Apply for our Substitute Teaching the VCU Way and Innovative Teacher Pipeline programs*
- Apply for your Clinical Internship/Student Teaching Experience*
- Study abroad
- Meet with your Career Advisor and plan to shadow current professionals in your field
- Complete in-class experiential and service learning experiences related to your future career
- Engage in your full-semester student teaching experience
- Interview at our Career Fair to secure your future position
- Apply to graduate and stay engaged as an alum!
*These are unique to our licensure programs.
For more detailed information about what to do before you join us at VCU, check out the VCU Accepted Freshmen Checklist.
Note: Transfer applications are reviewed on a rolling basis.
Ready To Get Started?