VCU School of Education Educator Rate
The VCU School of Education offers scholarships and tuition discounts for specific high-needs Virginia teaching and add/on endorsement programs.
20% Tuition Discounts for Educators
A 20% discounted tuition rate is now automatically applied to students enrolled in the following programs:
Add-On Administration and Supervision Endorsement for Current Virginia Licensed Educators
- PMC in Educational Leadership (21 credits, 3 semesters)
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership, Administration and Supervision (33 credits, 5 semesters)
Current Provisionally Licensed Special Education, General Education Teachers
- Certificate in Special Education K-12 Teaching (27 credits, 5 semesters)*Note: This scholarship can be combined with the grant support offered through the Virginia Department of Education for eligible students. For more information, please email Dr. Serra De Arment.
Note: If you have questions about how to navigate the Graduate and Professional Studies tuition and fees calculator, please see this quick tutorial.
$100 Educator Tuition Scholarship Program for Reading Specialists
A $100 Educator Scholarship for future Virginia Reading Specialists applicants to the following programs:
Add-On Reading Specialist Endorsement for Current Licensed Educators
- Post-Masters Certificate for Reading Specialists (24 credits, 4 semesters)- Extended
- M.Ed. in Reading, Reading Specialist Concentration (33 credits, 5 semesters)-
- Be accepted (please see admissions requirements for each program) and enroll in required courses in the one of the above-listed reading specialist add-on endorsement programs;
- Continually enroll and maintain satisfactory academic progress in the program to be eligible for funding for the following semesters. This scholarship will also apply to all continuing students in the above programs who maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Note: Students will receive a tuition bill that reflects the current tuition rates at VCU for that semester, enrollment status (part-time vs full-time), and residency status (Virginia resident and out-of-state resident) and scholarship funding will be applied after billing is complete. On the VCU Graduate and Professional Studies tuition calculator you will select the “Masters- Off-Campus” in the drop down menu under “Select Program”. Scholarships will be distributed to student accounts after the add/drop period each semester and students will see it reflected on their bill 3-4 weeks after add/drop. Please review the VCU Billing and Payments resource page for additional information about the timing for tuition bills and payments.