VCU School of Education Educator Rate
New $100 Tuition Scholarship per credit for Educators!
Reduce your tuition costs for select programs starting in Fall 2023. Based on the credits in your program, this saves accepted students up to $3,300 (for a 33-credit-hour program) throughout your program.
The VCU School of Education is piloting a NEW Educator Scholarship for the following fully online, part-time programs that flex to meet our Virginia educators where they are:
Add-On Reading Specialist Endorsement for Current Licensed Educators
- Post-Masters Certificate for Reading Specialists (24 credits, 4 semesters)- Extended Deadline for Fall 2023 students: May 1 Application Deadline (application checklist here)
- M.Ed. in Reading, Reading Specialist Concentration (33 credits, 5 semesters)- Extended Deadline for Fall 2023 students: May 1 Application Deadline (application checklist here)
Add-On Administration and Supervision Endorsement for Current Virginia Licensed Educators
- PMC in Educational Leadership (21 credits, 3 semesters a $2,100 savings!)- Extended Deadline for Fall 2023 students: May 1 Application Deadline (application checklist here)
- M.Ed. in Educational Leadership, Administration and Supervision (33 credits, 5 semesters)- Extended Deadline for Fall 2023 students: May 1 Application Deadline (application checklist here)
Current Provisionally Licensed Special Education, General Education Teachers
- Certificate in Special Education K-12 Teaching (27 credits, 5 semesters)- August 1 Application Deadline (application checklist here) *Note: This scholarship can be combined with the grant support offered through the Virginia Department of Education for eligible students. For more information, please email Dr. Serra De Arment.
- Be accepted (please see admissions requirements for each program) and enroll in required courses in one of the above-listed programs in Fall 2023 or after;
- Continually enroll and maintain satisfactory academic progress in the program to be eligible for funding for following semesters. This scholarship will also apply to all continuing students in the above programs who also maintain satisfactory academic progress.
Note: Students will receive a tuition bill that reflects the current tuition rates at VCU for that semester, enrollment status (part-time vs full-time), and residency status (Virginia resident and out-of-state resident) and scholarship funding will be applied after billing is complete. Scholarships will be distributed to student accounts after the add/drop period each semester. Please review the VCU Billing and Payments resource page for additional information about the timing for tuition bills and payments.
For questions regarding this pilot scholarship or interest in developing school division specific cohorts for these programs, please contact Dr. Jenna Lenhardt, Director of Strategic Recruitment and Outreach.
>> Sign-up for an upcoming Info Session