Did You Know?
Classified employees may now enroll in VCU's new HR plan at any time and become covered, effective the following quarter. This program allows Classified employees to join the inclusive employee group, University and Academic Professionals.
Please visit the link below to learn more about the continuous enrollment process.
Recognize & Reward Outstanding SOE Employees!
Managers, don’t wait until the end of the performance evaluation cycle to acknowledge the outstanding performance and professional contributions of your team! Those in leadership positions are encouraged to recognize exemplary work at the time which it occurs. Monetary and non-monetary rewards are available to be awarded per fiscal year as follows: up to $5,000 or 10% of base pay (whichever is greater) and up to five days of leave granted per fiscal year. Bonuses encourage excellence, create positive morale, and may lead to the retention of top employees. Submit the Exceptional Recognition Acknowledgement [MS Word] form to SOEHR to recognize eligible employees.
Leave Carry Forward Update
- For University and Academic Professionals covered by the Great Place HR Policy, the university leave carryover limit will not be applied at the end of the 2020 leave year on January 9, 2021. This means that university leave balances will not be subject to the carryover limit until the end of the 2021 leave year on January 9, 2022. There are no changes to the payout maximums for university leave.
- Faculty Annual Leave accrued by 12-month faculty also will not be subject to the carryover limit until the end of the 2021 leave year on January 9, 2022. There are no changes to the payout maximum for faculty annual leave.
- Annual leave accrued by classified employees remains subject to DHRM policy and the carryover limit will be applied on January 9, 2021.
Human Resources Links
- VCU HR's One VCU page, including resources for alternative work arrangements, benefits, leave, mental health resources, parking, and unemployment benefits
- VCU's COVID Dashboard including active cases, students in quarantine, prevalence testing, and resources for Covid reporting
- Resources for Working Parents at VCU
- Wellness Resources During the Covid-19 Crisis
- One VCU: Better Together site, including guidelines for gatherings and events, responsibilities of faculty and staff, required training, accommodations, etc.