T'Airra Belcher, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Counseling and Special Education
- Ph.D. in Education with a Concentration in Counselor Education and Supervision, Old Dominion University
- M.S.Ed. in Counseling, Clinical Mental Health, Old Dominion University
- B.A. in Psychology, James Madison University
- Culturally Competent Counseling and Supervision
- LGBT Affirmative Counseling
- Multicultural Considerations on Development
- Past President, LCA’s Louisiana Counselor Education and Supervision Division
- Recipient of College “Excellence in Service” Award, 2021
- Loyola University New Orleans, L.O.V.E. Organization, Inez Beverly Prosser Award, 2021
Vajda, A., Belcher, T., Borden, N., Rivas, F. (2022). In Johnson, K. (Eds.)., Sparkman-Key, N.M. (Eds.)., Meca, A. (Eds.) & Tarver, S.Z.(Eds.), Developing anti-racist practices in the helping professions: Inclusive theory, pedagogy, and application.
Johnson, K.F., Belcher, T.W., Zimmerman, B., & Franklin, J. (2020). Interprofessional partnerships involving school counselors for children with special needs: A broad-based systematic review using the PRISMA framework. Support for Learning, 32(1), 43-67. https://doi.org/10.1111/1467-9604.12285
Lund, S., & Belcher, T. (2020). Sexual Disorders and Gender Dysphoria. In Scott, D.A. (Eds.), & Scott, M.G. (Eds.), Psychopathology: A case-based approach.
Dr. T’Airra Belcher is an assistant professor of counselor education in the School of Education at Virginia Commonwealth University.