Ph.D. in Education, Concentration in Research, Assessment and Evaluation
The research, assessment and evaluation concentration of the Ph.D. in education is designed for individuals conducting research, assessment and evaluation projects within agencies and educational organizations, as well as for those interested in teaching and studying research, assessment and evaluation methods at the postsecondary level.
Emphasis in this concentration is placed on developing proficiency in both quantitative and qualitative methods of inquiry, providing students with a breadth of methods to study varied educational and social research questions. Students may select a concentration in research, assessment or evaluation.
The Ph.D. in education, concentration in research, assessment and evaluation requires a minimum of 48 total graduate credit hours:
Please keep in mind, however, that the exact course requirements may vary depending on when you matriculated into the program, so please consult your adviser or the program coordinator with any additional questions.
VCU BULLETIN INFO
How to apply: Graduate application
Semester of entry: Summer or fall
Application deadline: Jan. 15
Graduate assistantship application [PDF]
Concentration handbook [PDF]
Faculty listing: Foundations of Education
Faculty areas of interest: Research areas
Application checklist [PDF]
- General admission requirements of the VCU Graduate School
- Master’s degree in appropriate discipline
- Three letters of recommendation addressing the student’s potential for graduate study in education
- Statement of intent
- Satisfactory scores on the GRE
- Transcripts of all previous college work
- A personal interview and additional writing sample (may be requested)
- Professional vitae/resume
FOR MORE IN-DEPTH INFO
Shadow a VCU Student: PhD in Education - Research, Assessment and Evaluation Track
After you learn more about our program and research, email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to do any of the following:
- Visit one of our required track classes
- Sit in on STAT+ User’s Group (every 4th Friday during the academic year) or email us to virtually attend
- Review Dr. Broda’s statistics website to learn more about educational statistics, resource support materials for our statistics courses, and more!
Alternate contact email for this program: SOEinfo@vcu.edu