At the VCU School of Education, we take an interactive approach to engaging with our alumni. This means we not only want to share what we're all about, we also want to find out what you're all about. When we do this, we contribute to a spirit of community among current and future alumni, while also strengthening our School and the VCU community.
Share Your Why
Your story inspires. We want to create a movement starting with your "Why" story. Why did you choose this field? Why do you commit yourself to your craft every day? Why do you care about your work? Why do you keep learning, creating, improving? What inspires you every day? Inspire future educators. You can be the change. Help us share your story. We want to hear from you!
- Like our Facebook page, tag two current or future educators, and use the hashtag #soeshareyourwhy to enter to win an SOE swag bag sent to your home!
- Complete our Alumni Referral form to show your support for a colleague, family member or friend who you think would be a great educator. Select accepted referred students are eligible to apply for a book scholarship.
- Show your VCU pride in our virtual world with Alumni Zoom backgrounds.
Top 5 Ways for SOE Alumni To Stay Engaged
- Volunteer to be a speaker at an upcoming event
- Participate in mentorship opportunities
- Register for one of our upcoming programs and events
- Join our Education Alumni Council
- Download the VCU Alumni app to stay in touch with all the ways to engage
Alumni College: One Day, One Place, Unlimited Learning
Powerful, economical professional development for K-12, Counselor Education, Adult Learning and Higher Education.
Don't miss out! Register today for the inaugural Alumni College, a one-day conference-style event for VCU SOE alumni, Richmond-area educators and current School of Education students to engage in professional development. Alumni College will provide professional learning that can be translated into practice, on topics that meet the needs of today's educators, counselors and students.
Attendees will enjoy a keynote address, choice of sessions, and a panel discussion from education experts. All presentations will be delivered by SOE faculty, staff, doctoral students and Richmond community partners, and will highlight the cutting-edge learning and mission of the school.
When: Saturday, February 25, 2023 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Where: Maggie L. Walker Governor’s School
Registration Fee: $15 for VCU School of Education alumni/$25 for the public/FREE for current School of Education students. All fees are non-refundable. Fee includes lunch, and all sessions and events.
For questions and registration changes, please contact Leetah Stanley, Alumni and Student Engagement coordinator, at email@example.com.