At the VCU School of Education, we take an interactive approach to engaging with our alumni. This means we not only want to share what we're all about, we also want to find out what you're all about. When we do this, we contribute to a spirit of community among current and future alumni, while also strengthening our School and the VCU community.
Share Your Why
Your story inspires. We want to create a movement starting with your "Why" story. Why did you choose this field? Why do you commit yourself to your craft every day? Why do you care about your work? Why do you keep learning, creating, improving? What inspires you every day? Inspire future educators. You can be the change. Help us share your story. We want to hear from you!
- Like our Facebook page, tag two current or future educators, and use the hashtag #soeshareyourwhy to enter to win an SOE swag bag sent to your home!
- Complete our Alumni Referral form to show your support for a colleague, family member or friend who you think would be a great educator. Select accepted referred students are eligible to apply for a book scholarship.
- Show your VCU pride in our virtual world with Alumni Zoom backgrounds.
Top 5 Ways for SOE Alumni To Stay Engaged
Supporting the transition to adult life during a pandemic: Resources for special educators, parents and students with disabilities
Thursday, February 4, 2021 | 5 - 6:30 p.m.
Join the Virginia Council for Exceptional Children and the VCU School of Education for their first event of 2021! This session is designed for special educators, parents and students to learn about current transition resources.
The featured speakers for this session are:
- Dr. Colleen Thoma, Professor, Department of Counseling and Special Education, VCU
- Judy Averill, Director for the Center on Transition Innovations, VCU
- Marianne Moore, Secondary Transition, Office of Special Education Program Improvement
- Additional speakers will be current researchers in the field of special education who specialize in transition
Register at https://tinyurl.com/vacectransition