The Office of Development, Alumni and Student Engagement in partnership with the Student Leadership Council provides programming to enhance the student’s experience by ensuring an opportunity for the students’ voice to be shared and to develop activities that create a sense of unity, understanding and support of students. The Student Leadership Council creates opportunities for students to interact with alumni to form meaningful, lasting relationships long after graduation.
Student Leadership Council:
- Assists with the coordination of student engagement and development opportunities;
- Facilitates communication between the administration and the student body;
- Represents the student voice in school policy development and planning; and
- Furthers the school’s engagement with the community.
- Christine Powell - Special Education and Disability Leadership
- Amber Brown Ruiz - Special Education and Disability Policy
- Philomena Hughes - Master of Teaching Program, Secondary History and Social Studies Concentration
- Amber Livingston - Counselor Education and Supervision
- Zoe Walton - Post-Master's Certificate in Educational Leadership
Coffee & Conversations: Finding Mindfulness in 2021
Wedneday, May 5, 2021 | 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Student Leadership Council member Amber Livingston and Education Alumni Council member Dr. Lisa Jordan discuss how to practice wellness, self-care, and mindfulness in 2021. Open to all SOE alumni, students, faculty, and staff. Zoom registration: http://bit.ly/Mindfulness-Register.
Student Leadership Council Meetings
First and third Wednesday each month | 3 - 4 p.m.
All VCU School of Education students are welcome to attend!
Join via this Zoom link: https://vcu.zoom.us/j/98621830319.
We hope to see you there!