Post-master's Certificate in Educational Leadership
NEW: Fall 2018 application deadline extension - May 1, 2018.
The post-master's certificate in educational leadership program prepares graduates to successfully lead educational organizations and transform schools. Coursework can be completed in as little as 3 semesters and is designed to develop your leadership potential as a school or district level administrator, supervisor, superintendent, or other leadership role.
The 21-hour program* is for individuals who have obtained an accredited master’s degree and active five-year renewable educator license and have at least two years of experience in an instructional personnel position that requires licensure in Virginia. Individuals who successfully complete the program are eligible for endorsement as an administrator/supervisor K-12.
- Online and face-to-face options
- Rigorous field-based learning experiences
- Award-winning faculty and experienced professors of practice
- Administrator/supervisor K-12 Virginia State endorsement
- Opportunities to practice skills leaders need to improve schools, especially high-needs schools
- Tailored internship opportunities
To apply, refer to our Application Checklist for directions.
*Please keep in mind exact course requirements may vary so consult your adviser or the program coordinator with any questions.
Contact us today
Jenna Lenhardt, Ph.D.
Barbara Driver, Ph.D.
Assistant professor and internship coordinator