To prepare visionary scholars and leaders who promote equity, inclusiveness, and justice across a variety of spheres.
We achieve our mission through an interdisciplinary integration of theory, research, and practice.
Students engage in coursework, activities and projects that promote a deeper understanding for providing equitable educational opportunities for inclusive communities.
Intensive study of general, PreK-12, and higher education leadership policy and practice offers students opportunities to examine complex issues across a variety of contexts.
Students work alongside dedicated, diverse, and internationally-recognized faculty that foster learning environments centered on intellectual integrity and advocacy.
- Leadership for Social Justice: Ensure that each student is treated fairly, respectfully, and with understanding of each student’s culture and context.
- Leadership for Ethical Organization: Act ethically and according to professional norms to promote each student’s academic success and well-being.
- Leadership for Equity and Achievement: Strive for equity of educational opportunity and culturally responsive practices to promote each student’s academic success and well-being.
- Leadership for Scholastic Excellence: Develop and support intellectually rigorous and coherent systems of curriculum, instruction, and assessment to promote each student’s academic success and well-being.
- Leadership for Community Engagement: Engage families and the community in meaningful, reciprocal, and mutually beneficial ways to promote each student’s academic success and well-being.
Graduates enact these key values by leading learning environments that are equitable and safe, bringing evidenced-informed perspectives to their work as both scholars and practitioners, and by empowering and building teams they lead.