Resources for Newly Admitted Students
Congratulations on accepting your offer to the School of Education! You are joining a community of passionate professionals from all walks of life, committed to improving the educational experience of the future.
As you transition into your graduate program, there are a few key resources that will help you make the most of your time as a VCU School of Education student.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to activate your official VCU program as you move through your transition to your program.
- New Applicant Student Checklist – This is tailored for accepted students, includes information on paying your tuition, immunization requirements, obtaining your VCU eID, email account set-up and housing.
- VCU Maps and Transportation – Getting around VCU and finding the best way to get to class and activities with the RamRide (aka Campus Connector).
- Records and Registration – Student accounting, financial aid, schedule of classes, and registration dates.
- VCU Portal Resources – eServices for registration, tuition information and transcripts, and academic calendars.
- Advising – Please contact your faculty coordinator listed on your program’s website to build your unique academic plan. Master’s and Certificate students: please refer to the department email you receive after admission to your program.
- Student handbooks – Review the graduate program handbooks as you navigate the timing of different requirements, process components of your program, all the way through to graduation.
- Forms – Internship and student teaching to graduation and independent study forms. This is the main location for different forms you may need throughout your graduate program.
- VCU Graduate School Resources – A-Z list of various resources found through the central Graduate School (note that some resources may be limited to degree-seeking students).
- VCU Library- Contact your librarian and request access to the Masters or Doctoral Blackboard support resource shells.
- Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity (SAEO) Office – Registering and requesting support for special accommodations.
- Military Student Services – Requesting and processing military benefits and engaging with the military connected community at VCU.
- Graduate Student Organizations – Get involved with graduate-led organizations like the Black Graduate Student Association (BGSA) and the Graduate Student Association to continue building your professional network.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMSA) – Engage with a community of students from across the university who are passionate about cultural knowledge building and creating activities that celebrate our VCU diversity.
- Division of Inclusive Excellence – Learning more about our initiatives to continue building inclusive communities here at VCU.