Resources for Newly Admitted Students
Congratulations on accepting your offer to the School of Education! You are joining a community of passionate professionals from all walks of life, committed to improving the educational experience of the future.
As you transition into your graduate program, there are a few key resources that will help you make the most of your time as a VCU School of Education student.
- SOE Doctoral Student Orientation will take place on Friday, Aug. 16, 2019 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. in Oliver Hall, Room 4084.
- SOE Master's and Certificate Student Orientation will take place on Thursday, Aug. 22, 2019 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. in Oliver Hall, Room 4084B.
- VCU's New Student Orientation is required for first-year students, transfer and adult learner students, international students and students who are returning to VCU after being away for more than three years. For more information (including required registration, dates and times), visit the Division of Student Affairs' New Student Orientation page.
International Student Orientation (ISO) will take place on Tuesday, August 13, 2019. All new international students are required to attend. You can find more information about ISO by visiting https://global.vcu.edu/students/started/. The VCU Central Graduate Student Orientation (GSO) is also scheduled to take place on Tuesday, August 13. International graduate students will begin with ISO in the morning and will have the opportunity to attend the most important aspects of GSO as well before returning to ISO in the afternoon.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org in order to activate your official VCU program as you move through your transition to your program.
- New Applicant Student Checklist – This is tailored for accepted students, includes information on paying your tuition, immunization requirements, obtaining your VCU eID, email account set-up and housing.
- VCU Maps and Transportation – Getting around VCU and finding the best way to get to class and activities with the RamRide (aka Campus Connector).
- Records and Registration – Student accounting, financial aid, schedule of classes, and registration dates.
- VCU Portal Resources – eServices for registration, tuition information and transcripts, and academic calendars.
- Advising – Please contact your faculty coordinator listed on your program’s website to build your unique academic plan. Master’s and Certificate students: please refer to the department email you receive after admission to your program.
- Student handbooks – Review the graduate program handbooks as you navigate the timing of different requirements, process components of your program, all the way through to graduation.
- Forms – Internship and student teaching to graduation and independent study forms. This is the main location for different forms you may need throughout your graduate program.
- VCU Graduate School Resources – A-Z list of various resources found through the central Graduate School (note that some resources may be limited to degree-seeking students).
- VCU Library- Contact your librarian and request access to the Masters or Doctoral Blackboard support resource shells.
- Student Accessibility and Educational Opportunity (SAEO) Office – Registering and requesting support for special accommodations.
- Military Student Services – Requesting and processing military benefits and engaging with the military connected community at VCU.
- Graduate Student Organizations – Get involved with graduate-led organizations like the Black Graduate Student Association (BGSA) and the Graduate Student Association to continue building your professional network.
- Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMSA) – Engage with a community of students from across the university who are passionate about cultural knowledge building and creating activities that celebrate our VCU diversity.
- Division of Inclusive Excellence – Learning more about our initiatives to continue building inclusive communities here at VCU.