Office of Graduate Studies
RELATED LINKSResources for newly admitted students
The Office of Graduate Studies assists all master’s, certificate and doctoral programs with admission, matriculation, student record management and graduation. The office also supports and guides students in their endeavors in graduate studies, and creates a learning community that maximizes students’ intellectual, emotional and social growth while they develop into leaders in education.
- Coordinating the processing of applications to School of Education graduate programs.
- Resource for inquiries regarding the admissions process, standardized testing, transcript analysis and other policies and procedures for all graduate programs.
- Conducting new student orientations.
- Managing the graduate assistantship selection process.
- Working with university divisions, including the Graduate School, Office of Strategic Enrollment Management, and Records and Registration, to keep track of students’ academic progress, manage student records, and process special requests and appeals for changes to student records.
- Partnering with faculty and professional advisers in the school to ensure students meet degree requirements and VCU Graduate School academic regulations.
- Coordinating the process for admission to degree candidacy and dissertation defense for doctoral students.
- Coordinating and verifying all graduation applications.
- Supporting doctoral student professional development and doctoral student associations.